Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reflections


Alas, I have now come to the end of my blog assignment. This should come as a relief, which I do feel to some extent but strangely, I also feel a tinge of wistfulness, akin to losing something I created…

The process of creating the weblog has itself been a journey of learning. I have learnt to blog, posting topics for discussion and through reading other blogs, learnt about blogging issues, picking up some new terms (such as UX) along the way. Not forgetting design and publication issues, all of which required relevant reference reading. Selecting and posting topics of interest to me helped to deepen my appreciation for the topic while allowing me to voice my humble views.

While I learnt the dynamics of blogging, finding out I could edit and make use of the tools available in this communication medium, I found it actually got easier as I made more posts. I knew instinctively what I needed to do such as highlighting words, adding relevant links, citing worthwhile references, selecting keywords and suitable images.

The mindboggling idea of actually starting a blog myself initially intimidated me - I felt fear and apprehension on how to even get started as I was totally new to blogging. Help came in many ways with friends and loved ones showing me support and encouragement, telling me blogging is easy and not as technical as I imagined. I would like to thank all of these people who have helped me in completing a worthwhile and thought-provoking assignment. 

For now, I am going to take a leaf from The Blog Herald's '18 Core Blogging Skills You Can Always Improve' and work on improving my future blogs! 

Image source: http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/NotNormalNatalie/Photography/Leaf-Water-Reflection.png

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey nice one post.....this helped me alot to come out problem.!!
thanks alot.
Mazda MX6 Turbo

eyetracking web usability said...

A special thanks for all your informative posts. I definitely learned a few new things here and expecting to learn more !